Supper - Today and tomorrow

Fast update here. Supper today was a very simple affair. Took 3 chicken breasts out and threw them in an oven-safe dish. Tossed them in at 350 until they were unthawed, then added a bunch of spices to the mix. Noticed they were getting a bit dry so I added about 3 Tbsp of butter into the mix, threw the lid on, and turned the heat down to 250. A short(ish) time later - I had to drain the excess fluid out. After that, we slapped some cheese on top, let that melt and away we went - simple dinner. A salad would have been great with it, but we were a bit pressed for time.

Tomorrow, stuffed jalapeno peppers. I made up a sampler for myself before writing this, and wow...other than my mouth still zinging a bit, they're really good. Here's the plan:

 - Cut the top of the pepper off
 - Core the pepper and wash it out. I used a pairing knife for mine.
 - Put the pepper on the end of a fork and use a kitchen torch to blacken the skin.
 - After blackening the skin comes off super easy - leaves you with a rubbery pepper.
 - Stuff your pepper! I'm going to use the leftover chicken breast (made 3 for a reason), and mozzarella cheese.
 - Wrap it up in bacon and then cook it how you like. I fried my tester - the bacon all fell off, so I just fried the pepper and bacon separately - the pepper just until all the cheese inside melted, the bacon to crispy. Might try baking the peppers tomorrow. If you try this method - make sure to use toothpicks that have been soaked for a half hour or so to pin the bacon onto the pepper (pin the bacon to the top of the pepper to keep the cheese in!).

Enjoy your low-carb creations!

No comments: