Day 104

Okay - first allow me to apologize for the regular infrequency of my posting on here. I had originally intended for this to be a regular thing for me, but alas like so many of my good intentions, it got lost by the wayside.

That being said, today is a landmark occasion for me! I finally crossed the border between overweight and normal. My current weight is 187.88lbs with a BMI of 24.95. Still have a little ways to go, but there is light at the end of this tunnel :)

The journey to get to this point has not been without it's rocky spots, but on the whole it has been pretty smooth. The hardest part for me is denying temptation to things that I used to eat all the time: chips, fries, bread of any sort. Oh, and peanut butter is my dietary nemesis! I made an absolutely delicious peanut butter cheesecake, and I swear a small piece (2-4 carbs only) was enough to halt weight loss. At least I know what to eat when it comes time to balance my diet back out.

To anyone that has followed in my footsteps for this diet - stick with it! You CAN do it, and your body WILL change faster than you ever believed possible. People have derided me for being on this diet saying that the weight loss is too fast and I'll just gain it all back. They obviously don't understand that for us carb addicts, this diet represents a major shift in dietary habits. I will never again see food the same way - this is a new lifestyle, whole and complete. I've never felt better, or looked better in my life, and I'm very proud of all the people in my life who are making the change - you know who you are.

I received an email a while back that I'm ashamed to admit I never replied to. Someone wanted to know what my daily menu looks like. To answer that question honestly, I'd say I eat whatever I want when I want to - just as long as there's no carbs in it I'm losing weight. But to take today for example:

Breakfast: Coffee - A really, really big mug of instant coffee. 1 tsp French Vanilla, 1tsp Regular, 1tsp sweetener, and a little no-carb cream. Delicious - thanks for that one Ree!

Lunch: Cracker Barrel marble cheese dipped in Greek feta and oregano dressing, with cold leftover round steak cut into small chunks.

Supper: Hamburger (The Keg frozen burgers - 0 carb), with mozzarella cheese (0 carb). Hold the bun.

Dessert: We made a low-carb version of a nonami bar (google it). Not bad, but needs work. I'll post a recipe once we learn how to make it right.

That's it. Probably about 7-8 carbs, almost all from that dessert. I'm absolutely stuffed as I'm writing this. Different days I eat different things, but almost every meal centers around a meat source. It's ESSENTIAL that you eat enough protein - not eating enough protein will sap your body of lean body mass - the part of you that you don't want to lose weight on.

I was despairing for a while that nobody was reading this blog, until I heard that people were waiting for an update. Well here's the update people, and I promise there will be more. If you read this blog, and are interested in the diet/lifestyle, or if you have questions - SPEAK UP! I want to hear from you! Leave comments, ask questions - even flame me if you like, no responses are the worst thing a blogger can hope for.

Hope to hear from some of you braver souls soon!

1 comment:

Ree said...

Keep up the good work! Great blog. Let's see some more examples of meal ideas in the next one.